Calling All Eastern Cape Fashion Designers
Are you an emerging fashion designer or budding fashion student? Listen up! The Buyel’Ekhaya Fashion Development Programme returns for its second year after a successful 2016 programme which saw the development and upskilling of eight emerging fashion designers and students from the Eastern Cape.
The winners of 2016 have since moved on to greener pastures and are due to begin internships with fashion stars, Thula Sindi and David Tlale.
The programme strives to develop and elevate careers of upcoming Eastern Cape-born designers through exposure to various aspects of the fashion business; these include establishing a brand, manufacturing and registering a business.
The call for 2017 entries began on 02 October and submissions close tomorrow, 13 October. Aspiring designers who want to be part of the action are invited to apply, provided they meet the following entry criteria:
- Have a qualification, or be studying towards one, in fashion design with an accredited institution;
- Be a permanent resident of the Eastern Cape;
- Be aged between 18 and 35;
- Have 3 completed design sketches;
- Be available to attend a compulsory workshop on 23 October in East London;
- Be prepared to travel to Johannesburg from 06 to 15 November 2017;
- Be prepared to be in East London from 13 to 15 December 2017.
If interested in applying for the programme, simply visit the Buyel’Ekhaya website and click on the “submissions” tab. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 011 022 8844 between 12:00 and 14:00 (Monday to Friday).
Good luck and hurry cause entries close tomorrow!