Bontle gives talented dancers a chance to break through
Choreographer Bontle Modiselle hosted auditions at the World of Dance Studios in Sunninghill as she gears up to the AXE party of the year.
Bontle made a public call out on social media to invite talented dancers to come audition to stand a chance to be a part of her team of dancers who will perform at #AXEPartyoftheYear.
The brand has collaborated with Bontle to unlock the magic of talented aspiring South African dancers. The dancers who are selected from the auditions will join the star-studded line up headlined by DJ Black Coffee at the event in July.
Over 150 talented dancers showed up at the auditions in Sunninghill to take a shot at the opportunity to perform alongside some of South Africa’s great talent such as Nasty C, Benny Maverick and Zulu Mkhathini and many more.
The Auditions were open to professional and amateur dancers. Dancers were taught three choreographies local, hip-hop and dancehall, and given one minute to show their magic in dance.
Talking at the auditions in Sunninghill Bontle said:
I am so excited to be a part of this journey, I feel like this is a great opportunity celebrate local South African talent. All I really want to do is put someone on and inspire the magic inside them
The selected dancers will be invited to the call back will be on Friday the 8th of June between 10:00 and 12:00 am at the World of Dance – Hayley Bennet Studio, Sunninghill Village Shopping Centre.
This is why we are obsessed with Terry Pheto!
This is why we adore actress Terry Pheto
Today we are celebrating South African actress Moitheri Pheto, who is better known as Terry Pheto. She first rose to fame as Pinky Khumba on SABC 1’s telenovela Zone 14. Terry then raised the South African flag high for her role as Miriam in 2005’s Tsotsi, which won an Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film.
We have to mention her outstanding performance when she starred as the late Nelson Mandela’s ex wife Evelyn Mase alongside the award-winning actors Idris Alba and Naomi Harris on the movie Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
This is why you should follow Terry on social media:
- Terry was the face of an international cosmetic brand L’Oreal in 2008, and made numerous magazine appearances like Vanity Fair and Cosmopolitan.
- In 2011, after leaving South Africa to try her luck in Hollywood, she landed a recurring role of a heart surgeon on the American soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful.
- The Soweto-born beauty also rubbed shoulders with David Oyelowo and Rosamund Pike on the biographical romantic drama film; A United Kingdom whereby she played the role of Naledi Khama.
- She loves spending time with industry BFF’s Thembi Seete and Mampho Brescia.
- Terry loves her wine, after all she has a busy and demanding career.
- She loves clothes! Of course, she’s the ultimate girly girl, Terry keeps updating her fans with her latest fashion buys.
- She is making huge international waves as she recently announced her role as a lead on an international feature film Faces.