Zodwa Wabantu and Skolopad, no doubt, stole the show at the 9th Annual Feather Awards last night. While Zodwa left us shook with her stunts for our cameras, Skolopad also didn’t disappoint in the shock factor department.
The theme for the fun, LGBTI advocating awards, was “Aluta Continua, The Struggle Continues”, which we found very fitting because, man did the fashion struggle continue on that red carpet!
The fashion shocker of the night was upcoming singer and entertainer, Skolopad, real name, Nonhlanhla Qwabe. The socialite, who has never been shy to showcase it all at previous red carpet events, won the night when she came dressed in wors. Before we knew it, the Mzimba penner was trending and social media in a frenzy.
The barely there mini PVC dress featured wors, which covered Skolopad’s breasts and nether regions. Her derriere was, thankfully, safely tucked away under a white half lace train. While we were still shook, the singer accessorised with a bag of charcoal and used this as her purse. If that’s not legendary, then we don’t know what is! Here’s how tweeps reacted:
Cant believe i’m eating noodles at res while #skolopad is wearing isishebo 😢😢😢😢
— Sinoh_Mamlambo (@Xolly_mee) November 9, 2017
— #FatherSarVage (@MusawencorciE) November 9, 2017
— Star Boii (@Tshepoo_) November 9, 2017
— dudu_luwaca (@dudu_luwaca) November 10, 2017
Almost sensing that the country was puzzled and completely blown away by her creativity, the entertainer decided to take us out our misery and explained what her dress represented and how the wors idea came about.
We don’t know about you but this was definitely our wors dressed for the night – albeit entertaining and we thank you for that Skolopad. What do you think, though? Do share your thoughts with us.
This is why we are obsessed with Terry Pheto!
This is why we adore actress Terry Pheto
Today we are celebrating South African actress Moitheri Pheto, who is better known as Terry Pheto. She first rose to fame as Pinky Khumba on SABC 1’s telenovela Zone 14. Terry then raised the South African flag high for her role as Miriam in 2005’s Tsotsi, which won an Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film.
We have to mention her outstanding performance when she starred as the late Nelson Mandela’s ex wife Evelyn Mase alongside the award-winning actors Idris Alba and Naomi Harris on the movie Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
This is why you should follow Terry on social media:
- Terry was the face of an international cosmetic brand L’Oreal in 2008, and made numerous magazine appearances like Vanity Fair and Cosmopolitan.
- In 2011, after leaving South Africa to try her luck in Hollywood, she landed a recurring role of a heart surgeon on the American soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful.
- The Soweto-born beauty also rubbed shoulders with David Oyelowo and Rosamund Pike on the biographical romantic drama film; A United Kingdom whereby she played the role of Naledi Khama.
- She loves spending time with industry BFF’s Thembi Seete and Mampho Brescia.
- Terry loves her wine, after all she has a busy and demanding career.
- She loves clothes! Of course, she’s the ultimate girly girl, Terry keeps updating her fans with her latest fashion buys.
- She is making huge international waves as she recently announced her role as a lead on an international feature film Faces.