Award-winning actress, Florence Masebe has launched her book titled, The Heart Knows. The former Muvhango actress launched the personal book yesterday surrounded by family and friends, including Basetsana Kumalo, Lerato Zah and actress, Rami Chuene.
“Until that day, when I held my dead son in my arms for hours while waiting for forensic pathology to come and fetch his body, I had never imagined the pain a mother goes through when she loses the child she birthed,”
she says in an interview with Drum.
In 2015, two days after celebrating her birthday, Florence lost her 18 month-old son in a drowning accident at a house in Bramley, Johannesburg. It is from this heart-wrenching incident that the book was born. At the launch, the veteran actress shared chilling and intimate moments of the fateful day with her guests.
The book about grief shares Florence’s pain of losing a child and is the actress’ way of helping other mothers who have gone through this ordeal to heal and overcome their pain. She describes the book as a pouring out and collection of poems and letters written by her during her time of mourning. She posted this piercing post on Instagram last month.
I lost a huge part of me when I lost you my Prince. I still don't share much of that pain and grief with anyone outside my immediate world. When all seemed too dark to ever let any light in, my knowledge of your love gave me much needed strength. I know I'm not the only mother in grief. That is why I turned my loss into a book in your name. The Heart Knows. Kha ri luvhe! Mbaḓoo! Maṱunu Thavhani!
Social media has reacted with heart at Florence’s book offering and shared their love, support and gratitude.
— Lelo Ngeno❤️ (@Lelo2Ngeno) November 14, 2017
@FloMasebe thank you for sharing your pain and healing and helping others to confront their pain. May you be blessed always. U r an inspiration 😙😘
— Salamina Mosese (@salaminaM) November 14, 2017
— Craving wealth (@SiweNkosi) November 13, 2017
— Lebo Maruapula (@MrsMapSocialyt) November 13, 2017
— God fearing child (@VinnocentiaZ) November 13, 2017
Well done to Florence on her heartwarming and beautifully written book. Do share your thoughts with us.
This is why we are obsessed with Terry Pheto!
This is why we adore actress Terry Pheto
Today we are celebrating South African actress Moitheri Pheto, who is better known as Terry Pheto. She first rose to fame as Pinky Khumba on SABC 1’s telenovela Zone 14. Terry then raised the South African flag high for her role as Miriam in 2005’s Tsotsi, which won an Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film.
We have to mention her outstanding performance when she starred as the late Nelson Mandela’s ex wife Evelyn Mase alongside the award-winning actors Idris Alba and Naomi Harris on the movie Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
This is why you should follow Terry on social media:
- Terry was the face of an international cosmetic brand L’Oreal in 2008, and made numerous magazine appearances like Vanity Fair and Cosmopolitan.
- In 2011, after leaving South Africa to try her luck in Hollywood, she landed a recurring role of a heart surgeon on the American soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful.
- The Soweto-born beauty also rubbed shoulders with David Oyelowo and Rosamund Pike on the biographical romantic drama film; A United Kingdom whereby she played the role of Naledi Khama.
- She loves spending time with industry BFF’s Thembi Seete and Mampho Brescia.
- Terry loves her wine, after all she has a busy and demanding career.
- She loves clothes! Of course, she’s the ultimate girly girl, Terry keeps updating her fans with her latest fashion buys.
- She is making huge international waves as she recently announced her role as a lead on an international feature film Faces.