Let’s face it, putting on makeup in the morning can often take longer than usual considering all the one million things you still have to do. Not to mention the frustrating feeling of accidentally smearing the mascara on the bridge of your nose as you put it on. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
Fortunately, there might just be a solution to this problem. It will certainly save you time and potentially money in all those expensive mascaras you purchase claiming to enhance and elongate the appearance of your lashes. It might just be worthwhile trying out eyelash tinting. The 25-minute procedure consists of a process where the lashes are painted using a dye of the client’s colour choice. To ensure no damage occurs to the eyes, a protective shield is placed on both eyes right up against the lash lines during the treatment.
Overall eyelash tinting is not painful nor is it time-consuming. However, when considering such beauty alternatives it is very important to also take into account the disadvantages as much as the advantages because although one option may work for one person, it might not work for another for various reasons. With this in mind let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of both eyelash tinting and mascara.
- Lasts for roughly 4 – 6 weeks, making it a perfect investment as far a money goes.
- Once tinting is applied, no additional maintenance is required.
- Looks more natural
- Eyelash tinting is time saving in the end as no time is spent applying on mascara when putting on makeup
- Should eyelash tinting be applied incorrectly, the procedure could cause harm to the eyes such as infections or blindness in severe cases
- The beauty treatment is known to cause allergic reactions in some people
- Although many dyes used claim to be vegetable or cream-based some fail to mention that they contain coal and tar
- The tint stains the skin
- Unlike mascaras that lengthen, thicken and darken the lashes, eyelash tinting only darkens them. Therefore it is generally recommended that lash tinting be accompanied by a lash lift as well for that elongated and thickened appearance making it more costly.
- Can be removed with the use of makeup removers making it more of a flexible option
- Can be safely self-applied at home
- More flexible in terms of being able to change lash colour
- Not only does mascara darken the lashes but it also thickens and lengthens them as well
- Although very rare, mascara can cause allergic reactions
- Depending on the quality of mascara, clumping up can occur making the lashes look unnatural
- Should the wearer tear up or sweat, mascara can run
- Mascara needs to be removed and re-applied everyday
In the end it’s all about choosing the best option for yourself so research becomes even more important. Always make sure to get your complicated beauty treatments like eyelash tinting done at reputable beauty salons and to always research what is in the products used.