Nomzamo Mbatha Expands Her Resume
Nomzamo Mbatha is one person whose brand expands beyond just acting and presenting. She has made a name for herself as an actress on popular Mzansi Magic soapie, Isibaya. In addition to that, she has also made it a point to inspire people on a larger and more meaningful scale.
The talented actress recently announced that she will be hosting and speaking at the first ever Marie Claire Power Summit in honour of the Mandela 100 Year Centenary.
According Marie Claire, this event is hosted “to coincide with the Nelson Mandela Foundation’s Nelson Mandela Centenary 2018 “Be the Legacy” programme, where incredible women leaders, trailblazers, creatives and influencers from across Africa and abroad will share their knowledge, wisdom and power.”
Nomzamo Mbatha took to Instagram and shared the news with her followers. She expressed that she is honoured to be chosen as one of the few women who are shaping the globe.
In honour of the Mandela 100 Year Centenary . The Nelson Mandela Foundation, Marie Claire Magazine and Audi South Africa have joined forces to bring you the #MCPowerSummit2018 … honored to have been one of the chosen few to join a list of INCREDIBLE women shaping the globe. I will be speaking and hosting . International speakers to be announced soon… THIS WILL BE MAJOR. . Go to qkt.io/MCPowerSummit to purchase your ticket. #BeTheLegacy @nelsonmandelafoundationsa @audisouthafrica @marieclairesa
“In honour of the Mandela 100 Year Centenary. The Nelson Mandela Foundation, Marie Claire Magazine and Audi South Africa have joined forces to bring you the #MCPowerSummit2018 … honored to have been one of the chosen few to join a list of INCREDIBLE women shaping the globe. I will be speaking and hosting. International speakers to be announced soon… THIS WILL BE MAJOR,” she quipped.
Nomzamo is the Epitome of youth and woman empowerment
Nomzamo Mbatha is the epitome of woman and youth empowerment and she’s an active activist for both causes. She was in LA last week for the BET Awards but also for the “Be The Legacy” panel discussion which BET hosted. She also made the Forbes Africa’s 30 Under 30 list last month.
Redi Tlabi, veteran broadcaster and actress Terry Pheto are some of the other notable and powerful women who will be speaking at the summit.
The event takes place on Madiba’s birthday, 18 July and tickets are available at qkt.io/MCPowerSummit.
This is why we are obsessed with Terry Pheto!
This is why we adore actress Terry Pheto
Today we are celebrating South African actress Moitheri Pheto, who is better known as Terry Pheto. She first rose to fame as Pinky Khumba on SABC 1’s telenovela Zone 14. Terry then raised the South African flag high for her role as Miriam in 2005’s Tsotsi, which won an Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film.
We have to mention her outstanding performance when she starred as the late Nelson Mandela’s ex wife Evelyn Mase alongside the award-winning actors Idris Alba and Naomi Harris on the movie Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
This is why you should follow Terry on social media:
- Terry was the face of an international cosmetic brand L’Oreal in 2008, and made numerous magazine appearances like Vanity Fair and Cosmopolitan.
- In 2011, after leaving South Africa to try her luck in Hollywood, she landed a recurring role of a heart surgeon on the American soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful.
- The Soweto-born beauty also rubbed shoulders with David Oyelowo and Rosamund Pike on the biographical romantic drama film; A United Kingdom whereby she played the role of Naledi Khama.
- She loves spending time with industry BFF’s Thembi Seete and Mampho Brescia.
- Terry loves her wine, after all she has a busy and demanding career.
- She loves clothes! Of course, she’s the ultimate girly girl, Terry keeps updating her fans with her latest fashion buys.
- She is making huge international waves as she recently announced her role as a lead on an international feature film Faces.