Germany is the ultimate destination on everyone’s radar as we gear up for the most electrifying dance event of the year: the Red Bull Dance Your Style World Final 2023, where the dance world’s finest, Bontle Modiselle and Verb Bhengu, are all set to set the stage on fire! Get ready to be transported to a world of rhythm and soul as these incredible dancers prepare to take their artistry to new heights in the heart of Germany.
Now, here’s a sneak peek at the essentials they’ve packed for this monumental journey. Brace yourself for a whirlwind of style and moves that will leave you breathless!
5 things Verb won’t leave behind:
- My Caps
- A downloaded playlist of my favourite music in case I can’t stream
- Hoodie to stay warm before going on stage
5 things Bontle won’t leave behind:
- Warm drip because it is cold in Germany
- Power Bank
- Loaded up on South African Snacks, especially Biltong.
- All the info and everything I need to know to support me on this trip
5 ways Verb prepared for Germany
- Visited my trainer a number of times
- Watched my competition
- Tried to Figure out new ways to move to music
- Listened to alot of commercial music
- Went to a sport massage and rehab to prepare my body
5 ways Bontle prepared for Germany
- Doing research on the dancers who will be competing.
- Researching my co-host RedChild
- Studying my environment in Frankfurt, Germany, and getting to know the weather, where we’ll be accommodated. The people, and the type of audience I’ll be engaging at the World Final.
- Ensuring I have my travel essentials because the flights are long (South African snacks that I won’t find in Germany for the week, comfy travel clothing etc)
- Packed the back-ups to my backups. I have 3 bags full of clothes – lol.
5 things Verb looks forward to:
- Seeing friends
- Exploring Germany
- Meeting new people and building new friendships
- To DANCE
- To Grow as an athlete, teacher, and leader
5 things Bontle looks forward to:
- Learning and engaging the dance culture here
- Hosting a Global Dance stage for the entire to watch.
- Working with RedChild. He’s formidable talent so getting to work with a new co-host is always exciting.
- Experience is general German lifestyle and culture – what they eat, how they engage people, and life on a daily basis.
- Crowning the Red Bull Dance Your Style 2023 World Champion.
When asked what this opportunity means to her, Bontle said “To be a South African, more so, a proud African woman, representing Dance on a Global stage on the biggest dance competition in the world all the way in Germany having followed up Hosting the Dance Your Style World Final 2022 in South Africa – is mind-blowing, to say the least, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything else in the world. To be trusted with such a massive responsibility and task speaks about the belief that Red Bull has in me and what I have to offer. It truly is an honour. It’s also pretty epic having a front-row seat to witnessing global dance excellence.