In the wake of the recent sentencing proceedings of convicted rapist and musician, Sipho “Brickz” Ndlovu, another alleged victim – this time a well-known celebrity – has come forward to “break her silence”.
In July 2017, fallen Kwaito artist, Brickz was found guilty of raping his 16-year-old niece at his Ruimsig home back in 2013 and now, outspoken poet and musician, Ntsiki Mazwai has come out to allege that she too was once raped by the kwaito star.
Taking to Twitter, Ntsiki posted a shocking six worded tweet and used the hashtag #BreakTheSilence. “I was also raped by Brickz,” said the alarming tweet which garnered hundreds of comments from users.
— ntsikimazwai.com (@ntsikimazwai) October 6, 2017
On July 8, Ntsiki penned an extract on her blog titled “Dark Thought“, which she says is taken from her Masters thesis. On the blog post, she details how a “skinny man with dreadlocs” – who she goes on to call “Sipho” – had pinned her down in the backyard of his house and forced himself on her “one dark night”. Read the gruesome blog post here!
Hundreds of Twitter followers and users have commended the poet for her bravery and have gone to sympathise with her, while a handful of trolls have, however, chastised the star for the tweet.
We will give you updates on this story as and when it develops, in the meantime, do share your thoughts with us.
#MCM: Isidingo’s Very Own Lerato Makhetha
This week our #MCM is Isidingo’s Lerato Makhetha.
South Africa was officially introduced to him through his role as Ntando Sibeko, son of businessman Lincoln Sibeko on the hit soapie, Isidingo.
Lerato followed his father’s footsteps and has been killing the industry and it’s quite clear that he is going places.
Quick facts about Lerato Makhetha:
- His father is the legendary South African actor, Jerry Mofokeng.
You are my father, my inspiration, my hero and my friend. I am honoured to get to do life with you by my side
He recently posted on social media.
- Lerato is a seasoned pianist and vocalist. He has worked with artists like Tuks Senganga, JR, Unathi Msengana and Kabomo
- The 32-year-old has been featured in numerous shows such as Chicken Murder and Wena Wedwa.
- He is a qualified real estate agent.
- Lerato is currently working on a hip-hop soul album, we can’t wait for the official release date.
- He has previously been featured on Generations: The Legacy and Umlilo.
- Lerato is happily married and is about to welcome his second child very soon.
Catch him on Isidingo during weekdays at 19h00 on SABC 3.