Self-care is a trending topic these days. We see it everywhere, but it can be difficult to practice it. It seems like an indulgence, doesn’t it?
Let’s be honest. Self-care takes a great deal of what we are so sorely lacking. Time. Money. Energy.
Let me be clear: being in survival mode is OKAY. There is no judgment here, none. When you are surviving, you do what you have to do. Whatever it takes. Just to get through the day—that is the end game.
But once you see the light start peeking through, it’s important to start taking care of yourself.
But how? When? With what extra cash?
These ideas are not super extravagant, but they have helped me to feel less crazy, less depressed, less stressed, and more grateful. Here we go!
- Take a quick drive around the block—windows down, tunes up.
- Change your environment even if for a few hours—go somewhere new.
- Dance around the house like a crazy person.
- Jot down a quick gratitude list.
- Listen to a podcast that fuels your passion or imagination.
- Disconnect from social media for a few days.
- Ask for help.
- Jot some thoughts down in your note’s app or on paper.
- Plan a lunch or dinner at your favorite spot.
- Learn to say NO!
Self-care doesn’t need to break the bank, be creative in how you show yourself some love.